Gladys studying art...

Monday, February 14, 2011

Viva La Venice!

My trip to Venice was quite the adventurous one. As me and my art trip buddies walked to te beach I couldn't help but notice the different samples of art we were already coming across. I took this picture of fake dollar bills, which were some how printed on the ground. It had to have been some sort of paint because it looks pretty permanent. Its funny that instead of a president's face in the middle of each bill, there was a girl smiling instead. Could be the artist's face.
The more we walked down Venice blvd., and the closer we got to the beach, the more graffiti we started to see. We saw pieces on different cars and I felt like I was inside the "Bomb It" documentary. lol
I was surprised how close the walls were once we arrived at the boardwalk. From my previous visits to Venice, I assumed it would be a long walk to the walls, but it wasn't surprisingly. Once we started filling out papers to get our permits, the excitement in me went up about three notches.
I felt like a little kid in a candy store and ran around from wall to wall to check out different pieces. I even captured die-hard Raiders fans creating a Raiders masterpiece!
Before I initiated myself into the graffiti world, I was drawn to a piece being done by an artist called Mike Fearo.
I loved the colors in this piece! Here's a pic of Mike infront of his piece.
He gave me a few pointers and handed me information to look up his work.
Here's a pic of Mike taking a break next to another wonderful piece by an unknown artist.

Mentor.... check.
Spray paint... check...

Now I'm ready to bomb it!

My art trip buddies and I decide to work on a mini version of one of Jackson Pollock's murals.
Here's me putting my touches on our mini mural.

The finished product:

 I had fallen in love with graffiti painting!


I couldn't leave the walls without making a bigger debut and painting a flower. I was determined even though I was running out of spray paint.
I also made sure to leave my stamp everywhere!
I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

  1. I went to the Venice Beach on Sunday, Feb. 6, 2011. It was a nice beach that I never seen before. I think it is a good place to come and do graffiti writing.
    I agreed with you that I can't wait to go back. It was interesting to do grafiti writing. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete